Monday, March 27, 2006

Still accepting submissions for The 31st Meeting of The Skeptics' Circle/Sceptics' Circle

Yours truly is still accepting submissions for The 31st Meeting of The Skeptics' Circle, that biweekly blog carnival of critical thinking, debunking, and deboning of questionable stories anywhere in the scientific and historical realm. In fact, we'll pretty much consider any well-reasoned piece that is apolitical, as the Circle is not meant to advance any one political agenda. More on the schedule, archives, and guidelines can be found here.

I've already received about 11 submissions from all around the world, but the submissions have been dominated by North American bloggers. So as to appeal to our colleagues overseas, I have also included the Queen's spelling of skeptic, "sceptic." (In fact, I should probably use the continental style of quotation when I refer to "sceptic". I do own a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves and you can even play the punctuation game here to make sure I'm right.).

Unfortunately, I am pretty challenged in most other languages, and some would say English isn't my best either. Although I can struggle with Spanish and German and PharmGirl, MD, can cover French and Portuguese. I have anthropological experience with Joisey, Noo Yawk, Lawngoylund, and Cahlinuh, and could get some help from folks in my lab with Japanese, Mandarin, and Arabic. I can even do a decent job with Gullah (seriously) and was pleased to see last week's editorial by Charleston's Charles Rowe in the Wall Street Journal.

But, you know what?...some form of English would really be best.

Submit your entries via e-mail here by the evening of Wednesday, 29 March 2006, at 7 PM in your time zone, to be fair to everyone. It would help me if you put "Skeptics' Circle 31" in the subject line.

The carnival will appear here on Thursday, 30 March 2006.

Once again, general guidelines, archives and schedules are here. Initiated by founder, Saint Nate, the carnival is now administered by our sage and colleague, Orac, at Respectful Insolence.

4 Comments:

At Mon Mar 27, 03:03:00 PM EST, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Do you need help with Serbo-Croatian? I guess you have no problem with the Southern draaaawl...

 
At Tue Mar 28, 10:50:00 PM EST, Blogger define_me said...

my turn to be off topic...did you get the songs???

 
At Tue Mar 28, 11:13:00 PM EST, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

I have fixed the link on my post, if you wan to take a look...

 
At Wed Mar 29, 12:03:00 AM EST, Blogger Abel Pharmboy said...

define_me: KT totally rocks - the daughter of physicists with an acoustic guitar: wow!

coturnix: thanks. i think i get it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home